Pair of chairs model "292 Hill House 1" designed by Charles Rennie Mackintosh (1868 - 1928) made of ash wood, with seat upholstered in linen and cotton canvas with embroidery edited by Pierre Frey. Italy 1960s.
Measurements: W 42 x D 44 x H 43/140 cm
Charles Rennie Mackintosh was a Scottish architect, designer and watercolorist, who had a fundamental importance in the Arts and Crafts movement and who was also the greatest exponent of Art Nouveau in Scotland. Protomodernist, try to reform by breaking with the above. He rose to fame after exhibiting his furniture at the Vienna Secession in 1900 and was part of the group The Four (The four) of the Glasgow School, created in 1897, being his main figure with his wife Margaret Macdonald, the sister of this, Frances Macdonald and the latter's husband, Herbert MacNair.