AUXILIARY TABLE ATTRIBUTED TO GIO PONTI. ITALY 1950s

Side table of two heights attributed to Gio Ponti (1891 - 1979), made with a laminated wood structure covered in rosewood. Black lacquered metal legs.

Measurements: W 80 x D 80 x H 70 cm

Gio Ponti was one of the architectsindustrial designersartists and advertisers most important Italians of the twentieth century. Founder of the magazine «Domus» in 1928 and which he will direct until his death.

He graduated in Architecture from the Regio Istituto Tecnico Superiore di Milano (current Milan Polytechnic) and in 1921 he opened a studio with Mino Fiocchi and Emilio Lancia. He made his debut as a designer in 1923 participating in the Monza Biennial of Decorative Arts. Gifted with great vitality and imagination, he pays his attention, in addition to architecture, to the design of furniture, accessories, machinery, lamps, textiles, ceramics, glass objects, objects for the table, exhibitions and theatrical productions.

SKU: LA00300140 Category:

English